Reduce spillages and clean-up and keep your workspace safe from slips and falls with one of our high-quality funnels to safely decanter liquids. Here at Cromwell, funnels are available in a range of sizes, shapes and materials to meet all applications. Carefully chosen from market-leading brands, we stock funnels from Hartle IGE®, Pressol®, Azlon® and our own brand Kennedy®.
Used to safely direct fluid or small granules into the small opening of a container, funnels feature a wide bowl-shaped opening that tapers to a tube shape with a smaller opening at the end.
Funnels are a simple solution to safely pouring liquids into a small bottle or container opening. Ideal for the transfer of bulk purchase cleaning detergents into spray bottles for wider use, or to funnel oil into an engine, funnels are a convenient way to prevent spills and leakage of potentially harmful liquids.
Manufactured in a wide range of sizes, funnels are available in standard polythene, tinplate, and polyethylene. Commonly round in shape, they can have various design features to suit certain applications, such as air venting ducts to ensure a speedy flow rate and a handle to keep hands away from heat or chemicals.
• Rectangle - This type of funnel is specifically for pouring heavy containers of oil, petrol and water into engines. The shape is designed to capture liquid flow from a height, which can be difficult to control when the bottle is especially full
• Industrial - The sturdy metal construction prevents corrosion when frequently exposed to air and water
• Safety - A high rim design protects the user against chemicals when in use
• Lidded - This design features a screw connector which attaches to the container bung for a hands-free operation. An integral lid protects against potential spills or splashes when removing the funnel or during its use
• Drum top - Similar to the lidded funnel in its construction, the drum top funnel is much larger. Designed to sit on top of an open oil drum, this funnel prevents the ingress of dirt and water into the drum, while preventing oil spills and leaks
• Filter - Often removable for easy cleaning, filter funnels are used widely in laboratories to ensure contaminants are kept away from the decanted liquid
• Shape - while funnels are mainly round in shape, rectangular funnels are ideal for controlling the heavy flow of liquid.
• Material - depending on its application, the material you choose should be durable and corrosion-resistant.
• Anti-splash - for chemicals or other potentially harmful liquids, a high rim design can prevent the hands or face from coming into contact with the fluid. A lidded type is also a good option, as is wearing the relevant PPE.
• Spout type - choose from a standard straight spout or an offset spout for better vision. Flexi spouts are useful when working in a tight area, while some metal funnels have removable poly spouts for easy cleaning.
• Filter - often used in laboratory settings, this type of funnel is a useful feature during oil changes and other automotive applications.
We want to keep you up to date with the latest product information, so you can make the best purchase for your needs. For laboratory applications, we've broken down the quality standard for filter funnels.
What does ISO 7057:1981 mean?
This quality standard outlines the material type and technical specifications required for the compliant manufacture of filter funnels.
Let's break it down...
• ISO - this standard was drawn up and published by the Institution of Standardization, which is the applicable European regulatory body.
• 7057 - this is the legislation number or name.
• 1981 - this first edition standard was published in this year. It has since been reviewed every five years, with the most recent review in 2017 confirming its relevance.
What is the use of a funnel in a chemistry lab?
Often made from glass, laboratory funnels aid in the safe transfer of chemicals from one jar to another. The glass can withstand certain temperatures if liquids are to be heated is the ideal material for condensing applications.
What is a powder funnel?
A powder funnel is a plastic laboratory funnel that can be autoclaved and used in conjunction with powdered chemicals.